Saturday, 21 January 2012

Finding Jacquie... or Jacquie finding me.

Late on the night of the 25th of December Jacquie stumbled across my profile on CollarMe. I noticed her in the list of people who had been browsing the profile - and something about the name that she was using caught my eye, so I went to take a glance at hers.

When I read her profile it became clear, rather instantly, that she was having quite a hard time. I decided to send her a wee hello and some warm wishes for the holiday season, knowing that it can be a hard time of the year. I actually even offered an ear if she needed to talk. That short message quickly turned into our first conversation.

It is now the 21st of January - almost a month after that first conversation. A great deal has transpired, ranging from Jacquie having an emergency trip to hospital, to a (separate incident) car crash, an interstate move of house and a wide variety of other life changing events. Throughout that though, we have kept talking - and we are going to continue doing so.

I have set this blog up for Jacquie and will have her use it to record a variety of experiences and thoughts - as well as simply using it to reflect on life. On occasion I might even add to it briefly as well.

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment